View User Request

My Account

kekey join
Hi Im 14 Years Old Going To 15Years Old June15 Im Having Problems With Me In My Mom She Has 4 Kids Im The Middle Daughter She Has 3 Girls in 1 boy In She Bipolar Mean But I Feel Like Running Away In Not Goinq To Collage Just Be A Stripper But What Can I Do To Changeeee
Posted By : kekey Date: 26 MAY 2013

If you are a therapist , Please login here to respond.
Well it sounds to me like this is not really what you want to do this since you are reaching out for help. Are you able to talk to your mom? I would recommend therapy for you as well as family therapy for you and your mother together if she is willing. I hope this is helpful!
Response By: Tamara Petrelli Date: 27 MAY 2013

Hello! I understand that you are going through a difficult time. Until you have your mother consent to be able to be counseled, I can suggest you to go back to school because not going to school means to auto destruct yourself and this is not a solution, you shall go to your school counselor. Try to understand your mother behaviour, she needs help too.  To became a stripper is not good a choice. For the moment it can give you the feeling that you would be in the center of attention, appreciated and even loved, but this is a compensation of your needs.
Response By: Gena Lupescu Date: 27 MAY 2013


Do you want to discuss how you feel about your mum? And why you don't feel like going to college?

Response By: Prof. Aleksandar Fatic Date: 27 MAY 2013

Thank you for contacting ProvenTherapy and sharing what you are going through right now in your life that encouraged you to seek counseling. You are no longer totally alone, I am happy that you are seeking counseling to sought out your problems. Before we can begin, it is important that I get consent from your parent. In most states, minors under the age of 17 can not legally consent to participate in counseling. I must secure permission from your parent before we begin. Can you please explain to your mother that you are interested in solving your problems and that I would like to speak with her about the nature and purpose of counseling and to get her permission to give you counseling? In the meantime, I understand that this is a difficult time for you, but running away, not going to college and becoming a stripper is not a good decision. It will lead to a negative life. I respect that you have made a good decision to seek for change by seeking counseling. I can help you to see other alternatives to your problems. If you need immediate help speak to your school counselor or social worker. Most schools have counselors or social workers on a daily basis that are available for students to discuss problems. 

I would like to help you to live a more happier life and to make the changes that will make you happy and to reconnect with your mother. After, I have consent from your parent we may begin counseling. I look forward in working with you.

Diane Davis, LMHC
Response By: Dr. Diane Davis Date: 27 MAY 2013

There are rules that we have to follow when it comes to minors. Unfortunately I would not be able to counsel you without written consent. I would suggest talking to a trusted pastor, teacher, friend etc.


Response By: Jamie Sclafani Date: 27 MAY 2013

Hello Kekey,
Thank you for writing to us. Depending of the country you live in, there are various rules for speaking with children without the parent permission. Is your mother willing to contact us and agree that we speak with you? if that is not a possibility, I suggest you speak to your school counselor,   explain the situation. I hope she will be able to show you how many worthy qualities you have  ans possibilities, and will show you other career options other than stripper. You might also consider seeking spiritual council. To be a mid-child in a large family and a teenager, could be challenging,but it is a phase. Please speak with an adult you trust if you could not call us back.  If your mother is agreeable, I will be willing to have our sessions on a sliding scale. Thank you for contacting us. Rodica Mihalis 
Response By: Rodica Mihalis Date: 27 MAY 2013